Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Budapest!

In January my friend/roommate and I took a trip to Budapest, Hungary. The bus ride was about 7 hours (nothing compared to Paris), and less than $40 round trip. We stayed in a hostel for 2 nights- about $30 per person. And I spent less than $30 while I was there, which means I went to Hungary and back for less than 100 bucks. It doesn't get much better than that! I wish I could host a television show where I would just travel around and see how little I could spend. That would be a fun job! I must confess, however, that I probably would have spent more in Hungary had I realized that 10,000 Forint was only like $24...

Anyway, we had a great time. We got there late Friday night and left pretty early on Sunday, so we really only had one day there, but we packed in as much as we could. We spent Saturday outside just exploring the city and taking lots of pictures. Budapest is known for it's thermal baths, so at the end of the day we went to the Gellert Baths for a few hours, which was awesome. I didn't get any pictures from inside, but you can see some at this website: http://www.gellertbath.com/













1 comment:

Angie Lynn said...

That's awesome. I am so jealous! Miss you! Oh, and you might need to moderate your comments?! What's up with that?